- 1.5 lbs boneless chicken breast, cut into tenders
- 1 cup all purpose flour (or if you are going gluten free, any gluten free flour works, I love potato flour when cooking asian themed)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 pinch of chili pepper flakes (optional, adds a slight kick)
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsps apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs corn starch
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tbs toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
1. In a small sauce pan over medium heat mix together all sauce ingredients, except corn starch, and stir until sugar melt.
2. Bring to a boil, and let cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Remove from heat, whisk in corn starch.
4. Then set aside.
5. Next, prepare chicken by cutting chicken into tender, then pat them dry.
6. Then mix together salt and pepper (a few shakes of each) with the flour, and dredge your tenders
7. Mix together milk, egg, and take dredged chicken, and dip into the egg, milk mixture
8. Then dredge in flour again
9. In a medium size skillet, heat oil until it sizzles when you flick water into it, but not so hot that steam is coming off. Fry your chicken tenders on each side until nice and brown. Or use a fryer heated to 375 degrees. Cook 3-4 minutes.
10. Set on paper towels to catch excess oil
11. Then toss with lemon sauce, which will be thin, but should have thickened up some while sitting.
12. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and fresh green onion
13. Serve hot
***After comments from readers, I have remade this recipe several times, and adjusted it, reducing the vinegar, making it a little easier to make, and thickening the sauce.
Source : eazypeazymealz