Preparation Time : 5 mins
Cook Time : 15 mins
marinading : 20 hrs
Quick and easy chicken marinaded and broiled with sweet and spicy sauce. Perfect over rice or on salad!
This recipe is published with permission from "The Weekday Lunches & Breakfasts Cookbook" by Mary Younkin.
Keyword: Asian chicken, takeout
Servings: 4 people
Calories: 275 kcal
- 3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 to 3 tablespoons chili paste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- chopped green onions or parsley for garnish
1. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, chili paste, garlic and ginger.
2. Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally. Place in a freezer bag. Add half of the sauce mixture. reserve the rest.
3. Close the freezer bag and place in a fridge for 6 to 24 hours to marinade.
4. Preheat oven to broil.
5. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and arrange chicken on sheet. Broil chicken for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until done. The inside should no longer be pink and the juices run clear.
6. While chicken is broiling, pour remaining sauce mixture in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, until it thickens a little and is slightly reduced. Remove from heat and keep to serve with finished dish.
7. Drizzle cooked chicken with sauce.
- Mary recommends using at least 3 tablespoons of chili paste to truly make this a sweet and spicy flavor combo. You can go up to 6 tablespoons, depending on your preferences.
- I halved the recipe for our family but feel free to use full amounts, as stated in the cookbook.
source : crunchycreamysweet