Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 70 g rice flour
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- pinch of ground turmeric
- ¼ cup (60 ml) low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons ice cold water
- oil spray
- 80 g roast chicken, shredded
- 50 g red cabbage, finely shredded
- ¼ medium green capsicum, thinly sliced
- ½ medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 small handful bean sprouts
- 1 small handful Vietnamese mint leaves
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 50 g low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced tamari or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ garlic clove, crushed
- ½ fresh red chilli, seeds removed and finely diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
How To Make:
1. To make the crispy pancake, whisk the flour, cornflour, turmeric, milk and water together in a medium bowl until well combined. Cover with plastic film and refrigerate for 30 minutes to rest.
2. Meanwhile, to make the dressing, whisk the yoghurt, tamari or soy sauce, lime juice, honey, garlic, chilli (if using) and coriander together in a small bowl.
3. Heat a non-stick fry pan over medium–high heat and spray lightly with oil spray. Pour a ladleful of the batter into the pan. Cook for 3–4 minutes or until bubbles rise to the surface and the bottom is golden brown. Use a spatula to flip and cook for a further 1–2 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Repeat with the remaining batter until finished.
4. To serve, layer the chicken, cabbage, capsicum, carrot, bean sprouts and mint leaves on one half of each pancake. Drizzle over the dressing, season with salt and pepper, if desired, and fold over to enclose the filling.
source : kaylaitsines