Preparation Time : 20 mins
Cook Time : 30 mins
Total Time : 50 mins
Course: Main Dish
Cuisine: Comfort Food
Servings: 4 people
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Spinach Artichoke Filling
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup marinated artichokes with the brine chopped
- 1/4 cup cooked spinach
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
1. Preheat your smoker or grill to 350 degrees F for indirect cooking.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the spinach artichoke filling.
3. In a small bowl,combine all of the ingredients for the spice seasoning. Sprinkle liberally on all sides of the chicken breasts.
4. On a large cutting board, slice the chicken breasts open, without slicing all of the way through the breasts. Spoon a couple of tablepoons of the filling mixture into each breast and fold them closed.
Wrap each chicken breast with about 3 slices of bacon. Secure the bacon ends with toothpicks, if necessary.
5. Place the chicken breasts on the smoker or grill, close the lid and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. This will take about 30-45 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken.
Source : heygrillhey