- 4 slices bacon chopped and cooked til crisp
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Promised Land Dairy Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup chopped or sliced carrots
- 1/2 yellow or white onion diced
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 cans yellow corn drained
- 1 pound baby red potatoes quartered
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- fresh basil or thyme for garnish
- Combine bacon, chicken, broth, carrots, onions, celery, half of the corn, potatoes in your slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours. Uncover, transfer chicken to a plate, and shred with two forks into chunks. Return to slow cooker.
- In a blender or food processor combine remaining corn and milk and blend until smooth. Add to slow cooker along with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Cover and cook for 10 -15 minutes longer. Garnish with black pepper, grated parmesan cheese, and fresh basil or thyme and serve hot.