Prep Time : 5 mins
Cook Time : 10 mins
Total Time : 15 mins
This Chicken Lettuce Wrap recipe only takes 15 minutes to make. Made with ground chicken, ginger, garlic and tossed in a delicious 3 ingredients sauce! Perfect to serve as an appetizer, lunch or dinner. This easy recipe is one your family and friends will love!
Course: Appetizer, lunch
Servings: 6 servings
Calories: 301 kcal
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup plum sauce (or Chinese duck sauce)
- 4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil (canola, grapeseed, olive or coconut)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions (green onions), thinly sliced plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup any color of bell pepper (I used yellow), seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 heads butter lettuce
1. In a small bowl, mix together the hoisin sauce, plum sauce and rice wine vinegar. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Add the ground chicken and cook stirring often for about 4 - 6 minutes or until not longer pink.
3. Remove the chicken form the wok/skillet and drain the excess liquid.
4. Add the remaining oil into the wok/skillet, add the ginger, garlic, scallions (green onions) and bell pepper. Stir fry for about 1 - 2 minutes. Return the ground chicken back to the wok/skillet and mix well to combine.
5. Add the water chestnuts and the sauce mixture and stir to incorporate. Stir fry for about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped cilantro. Garnish with sliced scallions (optional)
6. Clean and separate the lettuce leaves. Place two generous tablespoons of filling in each lettuce leaf and roll up to eat.
source : lemonblossoms