- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables (about 16 ounces), thawed
- 2-1/4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a greased deep 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine first four ingredients.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and thyme until blended; gradually whisk in broth and bouillon. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Pour over vegetable mixture.
- Roll pastry dough to fit top of dish; place over filling. Trim and flute edge. Cut slits in top.
- Bake until golden brown and filling is heated through, 18-20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe source: tasteofhome