- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (7.2 ounces) rice pilaf mix
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup frozen peas (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped lightly salted cashews
- In a large saucepan, bring water and oil to a boil. Stir in pilaf mix, the contents of its seasoning packet, and curry powder. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, tomatoes and peas. Cook, covered, 8-10 minutes longer or until liquid is almost absorbed and rice is tender. Sprinkle with cashews.
Recipe source: tasteofhome