- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ⅔ cup apple-cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup lemon-lime soda
- 1 small head of garlic (2-3 Tbsp.), minced
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- 2 Tbsp.water
- 2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1. Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Place chicken inside slow cooker.
3. Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, soda, garlic, soy sauce, and black pepper.
4. Pour over chicken.
5. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
6. Take chicken out of slow cooker and set aside.
7. Pour remaining sauce into saucepan and place over high heat.
8. Mix together corn starch and water, pour into saucepan and mix well.
9. Let sauce come to a boil and continue boiling for 2-3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken.
10. Remove from heat and let sit for a minute (it will continue to thicken as it cools).
11. Serve chicken over rice or noodles.
12. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
Source : gardenandtable