The key to this sheet pan pizza is a second rise of the crust in the pan for an easy, fool-proof, crowd favorite.
1 recipe pizza dough
4 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup yellow onion minced
2 cloves garlic minced
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon oregano
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese about 8 ounces
3 cups cooked chicken shredded
1/2 cup store-bought sweet and spicy barbecue sauce
3/4 cup sliced banana peppers drained
3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese about 3 ounces
3 green onions chopped
Red pepper flakes optional
1. Bring your store-bought or risen pizza dough to room temperature if it has been refrigerated. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a 17" X 11.5" jelly roll pan or baking sheet. Gently press and poke the dough into the pan with your fingers, working it into the corners. if the dough springs back, let it rest for about 10 minutes for the gluten to relax. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm area of the kitchen to rise for another 30 minutes or until it has doubled in height.
2. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
3. While the dough is rising, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Cook the onion until translucent, about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minutes, stirring so the garlic doesn't burn. Remove from the heat and transfer to a medium size bowl to cool. Stir in the ricotta cheese, heavy cream, oregano and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Within a 1-inch border of the edge, gently press the middle of the dough down a bit. Spread the ricotta cheese mixture on the dough leaving a 1-inch border. Top with the mozzarella cheese.
Toss the chicken breast with barbecue sauce in a small bowl. Distribute the chicken, banana peppers and half of the blue cheese evenly over the pizza.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the bottom of the pizza is crisp and the cheese has melted. Top with the rest of the blue cheese and garnish with chopped green onion. Cut and serve.
Source : foodiecrush