- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (16 oz) pineapple chunks
- 1.5 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, or coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 cups cooked rice
- Follow cooking instructions for your rice to prepare while you are making the chicken.
- Cut the chicken into strips. Put the flour into a gallon bag and add the chicken. Shake to coat.
- Brown the chicken with the oil over medium heat in a skillet. Cook for 3-5 minutes each side or until cooked through and juices are clear. Set the chicken aside.
- While the chicken is cooking, drain the pineapple juice and reserve 1/4 cup. (You can discard the remaining juice or save it for another use.)
- Combine the cornstarch and 1/4 cup pineapple juice in a small bowl. Add to the skillet after you’ve removed the chicken. Add the honey, soy sauce, and pepper; stir well.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and cook and stir. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for another 30-60 seconds or until the juice mixture is thickened.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the pineapple and chicken, heating through.
- Serve over rice.
Recipe source: livingwellmom