- 2 (10 - 11 oz each) boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and halved
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella , cut into 8 slices
- 4 avocado slices (from a firm but ripe large avocado)
- 2 medium vine ripened tomatoes , sliced
- 3 Tbsp balsamic glaze (I used Bertolli)
- 1/3 cup chopped basil ribbons
- In a bowl mix together garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Dab chicken dry with paper towels then sprinkle mixture evenly over both sides of each chicken cutlet. Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken (cover pan with a splatter screen if you have one) and cook until golden brown on bottom, about 4 - 6 minutes.
- Rotate and cook opposite side until chicken has nearly cooked though (about 160 in center), reducing burner temperature just slightly if needed, about 4 - 5 minutes.
- Add two slices of mozzarella to the top each cutlet, followed by one avocado slice, and 1 - 2 tomato slices.
- Cover pan with lid, return to heat and allow to cook 1 - 2 minutes longer until cheese has melted and chicken registers 165 in center.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper, drizzle with balsamic glaze and sprinkle with fresh basil. Serve warm.
Recipe source: cookingclassy