- 3 cups of rotini pasta, cooked
- 2 chicken breasts cut to cube chunks
- 3 rashers of bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Shredded mozarella cheese
- Chopped Parsley for garnish
- 100 gms brown mushrooms, chopped
- Olive oil
- 125 gms butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 200 ml cream
- 200 ml milk
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- black pepper
- Cook your pasta according to instructions. Drain and toss it in a little olive oil to avoid it sticking together.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C. In a pan, heat olive oil. Add chopped bacon and onion. Cook it together. You don’t need the bacon to be crispy.
- When onion has soften, add the chicken chunks. Brown them on all sides.
- Add the mushrooms and cooked pasta to the onions. Toss it together. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make sauce, melt the butter, when butter has melted add the flour, stir until you no longer see any raw flour.
- Mix the milk and cream together. Add it to the flour roux a little at a time, stirring each time.
- When you have gradually add all the milk and cream and you have a thick sauce, add the cheeses. Stir until it has melted.
- Spoon 3/4 of the sauce into the rotini and toss everything together.
- Transfer the rotini to a baking dish. Pour the rest of the sauce on top and cover with shredded mozarella cheese.
- Bake for about 20 mins till it bubbles on top. Or you can turn on the top grill for some charred bubbles.
Recipe source: featsoffeasts