- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Neutral oil vegetable or canola
- Fresh parsley chopped
- Fresh lemon wedges
- Flatten each chicken breast. To do so, lay a chicken breast on a flat surface and cut it parallel to the cutting board so that there are two evenly sized pieces of chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and lightly beat using a meat mallet until it is about 1/4"-1/2" thick.
- Mix together flour, salt, and pepper in one bowl together. Place panko in a separate bowl. In a third bowl, beat together eggs and dijon mustard.
- Cover each piece of chicken with flour, egg, and then panko.
- Bring a deep pan filled with about 1/2" of a neutral oil in it to medium high heat. Once the oil is hot enough that it sizzles when you drop a bread crumb in, place 2 pieces of chicken in the pan. Cook until the bottom is golden brown and then flip. Repeat with each piece of chicken. Once the chicken is cooked, transfer to a cooling rack or a plate lined with paper towel.
- Serve with a lemon wedge and a sprinkle of parsley on top.
Recipe source: mildlymeandering