- 1 small mango (peeled) and extra for bowls if desired. (about 2/3 to 1 cup cubed or so)
- 2 tbsp chili sauce or sriracha
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion or shallot (and some for garnish bowl after)
- 1/4 cup white wine (the dryer the wine, the better)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh orange or pineapple juice
- 2 lbs skinless chicken breast
- Toppings to garnish – Chili pepper, cilantro, crushed black pepper/sea salt
- 1 cup jasmine rice or cauliflower rice, mango, red onion slices, and any extra sauce!
- Peel and cube your mango. Cut more or keep extra for your bowl if desired.
- Blend the first 11 ingredients together in a blender except your toppings/garnish (the chili pepper flakes and cilantro) . It should be a nice orange or tropical color.
- Wash your chicken and cut off any extra skin. Place in dish or ziplock bag. Pour marinade over chicken and let it marinade in fridge for at little as 2 hrs or up to 24 hrs.
- Remove marinated chicken from fridge.
- Preheat oven to 425F or Grill at medium high.
- Place chicken in baking dish and add extra marinade on top.
- Bake for 25 -30 minutes. CHeck at 25 minutes for doneness. Boil the last minute to make it a little crispy.
- If grilling, place in foil and add marinade on top. Grill for about 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove and serve sliced. In serving in the bowl, just add 1/2 cup to 1 cup white rice, red onion slices, and cubed mango. If paleo you can use cauliflower rice.
- Squeeze any extra lime juice on top and garnish with extra chili flakes, chopped cilantro, and pepper/sea salt if desired.
- Great with pinot grigio of course!
Recipe source: cottercrunch