- 2.5 lbs chicken wings (with tips)
- Oil for frying
- 2 cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 2 cups frozen blackberries
- ¼ cup honey
- Rinse the chicken wings with cold water and drain. Meanwhile prepare a large baking dish with the gluten free flour and salt.
- Bring a large heavy pot with several inches of vegetable or peanut oil up to 375 degrees.
- While you are waiting for the oil to come to temperature, add the chicken wings to the flour and salt mixture and toss to coat lightly in the flour. You will probably have to do this in two batches (same with the frying.)
- When the oil is at the appropriate temperature (I always use a thermometer for deep frying) gently add the chicken wings to the oil.
- While the chicken wings are frying (stir and flip occasionally over about 12 minutes) begin the sauce.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the olive oil and the garlic, onions and jalapeno. Sprinkle with kosher salt and cook until soft 3-4 minutes.
- Add the frozen blackberries and the honey and simmer until the fruit is hot and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Throw everything in the jar of a blender and puree on high until you have a smooth sauce. Season to taste with kosher salt and set aside.
- Remove the golden chicken wings from the fry oil at the 12 minute mark and transfer them to a large bowl.
- Add half the sauce (if you have split them into two batches for frying purposes) and toss them to coat.
- Serve hot with fresh blackberries and finely cut green onions to garnish.
Recipe source: heatherchristo