- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or extra light olive oil extra virgin will work in a pinch but has a lower smoke point
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon utter
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves large garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoon white flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- Heat large non stick or cast iron skillet to medium high.
- Rub chicken with oil and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in dry pan (see searing instructions above).
- Let cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through and meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove from pan, cover and keep warm.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to hot pan and toss in mushrooms.
- Brown for several minutes. (do not salt it will keep mushrooms from browning). Once your mushrooms are as brown as desired, add a big pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add flour and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve sauce over seared chicken.
Recipe source: laughingspatula