Ingredients:• 24 won ton squares (typically found in the cold section near the tofu and fresh noodle soups)
• Cooking spray
• 1 ¼ cups shredded, cooked chicken breast (about 4 tenderloins—*see note below)
• ¼ cup shredded purple cabbage
• ¼ cup shredded napa cabbage
• ¼ cup finely sliced baby bok choy (about 1 small)
• 1 small carrot, grated
• 1 tablespoon green onions
• 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
• Spicy Peanut Dressing (recipe below)
• ¼ cup crushed peanuts
(*I poached my chicken tenderloins in simmering, salted water for about 6-7 minutes, or until cooked through yet tender; then cool the chicken, and shred by hand.)
- Preheat your oven to 350°, and generously spray two mini-muffin tins with cooking spray (24 cups).
- Take each won ton square, dust off any excess corn starch, and carefully press into the mini-muffin molds; spray the won ton squares with cooking spray, and bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until golden-brown and crispy; allow to cool slightly, then remove from muffin tins to cool completely before filling.
- Prepare the salad by adding the chicken, plus the remainder of the ingredients up to and including the chopped cilantro, to a bowl; add in about 2 tablespoons of the Spicy Peanut Dressing, plus about half of the crushed peanuts (about 2 tablespoons worth), and gently toss to coat.
- Add equal amounts of the Thai Peanut Chicken Salad to each cup, then drizzle each with a little extra dressing on top, and sprinkle over a little of the remaining crushed peanuts over each as garnish; serve immediately.
- (If you’d like to prepare this ahead, you can make the salad but don’t toss with the dressing—just keep it cold in the fridge; when ready to serve the cups, toss the greens with dressing, and spoon into won ton cups in order to keep them crisp, cool, and fresh.)
Spicy Peanut Sauce Dressing Ingredients:
• ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 2 small cloves garlic, pressed through garlic press
• 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
• 1-2 teaspoons sriracha sauce (more or less depending on spice level desired)
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• 1 tablespoon water
- -Place all ingredients into a bowl, and whisk together until completely smooth and combined; use immediately, or keep in a covered container in fridge until ready to use.
Recipe source: thecozyapron