- 11 ounces or 2 cups of whole cooked rotisserie chicken, pulled from the bone, shredded or cut into small pieces or chunks*
- 1½ cups cooked wild rice (prepare ahead of time)
- 4-6 cups organic chicken broth (use 6 cups if you prefer a brothy, less hearty soup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar (optional)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Prepare the wild rice ahead of time so it is already cooked.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add in the olive oil.
- Add the garlic, celery, carrots, onion, parsley, thyme, bay leaf, sugar, and salt/pepper, and cook until the onions are translucent or softened.
- Add in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add in the cooked chopped/shredded chicken and cooked wild rice.
- Simmer on low for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.
Recipe source: nutritioninthekitch