- 4 salmon fillets (of about even size)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 6 pieces bacon, diced
- 2 sweet potatoes, spiralized into noodles
- 3 cups greens (spinach or kale)
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tbsp)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then, dice bacon and spiralize sweet potatoes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook diced bacon until crispy. Once crispy, place on a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- While bacon is cooking, place salmon fillets on baking sheet and season with the smoked paprika, garlic powder and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Place in the oven to bake for 15-20 until flaky with a fork. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your fillets.
- While the bacon is cooking, prep onion and garlic as noted above.
- Once bacon is done and on a plate, make the creamy sauce. Place onions in the same skillet you cooked the bacon in over medium heat. Cook until softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Stir to combine everything. Turn heat to low and simmer until the salmon has about 5 minutes left.
- Heat back to medium, and add sweet potato noodles to the creamy sauce, cover and cook until they soften. Add spinach, and cook until it wilts. Add bacon and mix well.
- Once salmon is done, remove from oven and serve over the sweet potato mixture and spoon extra sauce over everything. Enjoy!
Recipe source: realsimplegood