- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 pounds white fish fillets, such as catfish
- 3/4 cup ground black pepper
- Pour oil into deep heavy skillet, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat on medium-high heat to 375°F.
- Mix milk, Creole Mustard and lemon juice in shallow dish. Dip fish into mustard mixture, then coat with Fish-Fri. Carefully add to hot oil, a few pieces at a time.
- Fry 4 minutes until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with black pepper just before serving.
Recipe source: mccormick