- 2 (6-8 oz) filets white flakey fish (petrol sole, tilapia or halibut work best)
- 8 oz haricot verts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons store bought marinara (I like Rao's)
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, halved
- 1 heaping teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, cut into thin ribbons
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with two 14-inch sheets of parchment paper.
- Evenly divide the haricot verts among the two pieces of parchment paper. Placing the ingredients in the center of the parchment. Place the fish on top of the haricot verts. Top with minced garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and marinara sauce. Slice half the lemon in two 4 thin slices and lay 2 slices of lemon on top of each filet (Reserve the other half for serving) Evenly distribute the capers and kalamata olives. Garnish with oregano and crushed red pepper flakes, if using.
- Fold both ends of the parchment paper over the fish, making a long rectangle. Then, grab the open ends and roll towards the fish, so that no liquids can escape and creating a package.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the preheated oven and bake until fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Cook time will depend on how thick your white fish is--Tilapia and Petrol Sole will take 15-18 minutes. Halibut will take closer to 20-22 minutes.
- Garnish with freshly chopped basil and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe source: thedefineddish