- 2/3 C chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 C applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 C arrowroot
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder (plus more for dusting)
- powdered sugar for topping (optional)
- Place a trivet inside the Instant Pot and pour in 2 cups of water. Measure the chocolate into a heatproof ramekin, and set on the trivet. Turn the IP on to sauté, and melt the chocolate over the simmering water. Remove ramekin from IP once the chocolate is melted.
- Combine the applesauce, eggs, and vanilla in a small mixing bowl. Whisk until well blended. Add the dry ingredients (salt through cocoa powder) and slowly mix in until no dry streaks remain. Stir in melted chocolate.
- Liberally grease a 6″ cake pan with butter or coconut oil. Dust the bottom and sides of the cake pan with cocoa powder. Pour in the cake batter, and set the pan on the trivet above the hot water in the IP.
- Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. Quick release pressure when timer goes off. Remove the cake pan from IP and let cool 10 minutes before transferring to a serving plate. Dust with powdered sugar (optional).
Recipe source: thispilgrimlife