- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 8 ounces baby Bella mushrooms minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 8 oz shell pasta I used large shells
- 2 cups shredded cheese provolone, Swiss or mozzarella cheese
- Set Instant Pot to Saute.
- Once the IP is hot melt the butter.
- Add the ground beef, let it cook without moving for about 1 minutes, to get a nice sear on it. After that, break it up using a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Once the ground beef has browned, add salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine. Add onion, garlic, green pepper and mushrooms. Stir and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the ketchup and beef broth. Stir to combine. Scrape the bottom of the pot with a wooded spoon, to make sure bits are not stuck to it.
- Add pasta and stir to combine.
- Cover and seal the lid. Make sure the valve points to Sealed. Change setting to manual and adjust time to 5 minutes on High Pressure.
- Once Instant Pot beeps to show that it's done, do a quick release, by changing the position of the valve to Vent. Carefully remove cover and stir.
- Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Top with cheese, put the lid back on but don't seal. Allow a minute or two for cheese to start to melt. Stir to combine.
Recipe source: sweetandsavorymeals