- 2 to 3 lbs roast
- 1.5 lbs of any potatoes of your choice, cut into chunks (I used small baby yellow potatoes so there was not cutting)
- 4 carrots peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 onion cut into chunks
- 4 cups of beef stock or broth (one carton)
- 1 teaspoon of minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 cup of water (for the gravy)
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- First cut all your vegetables into large chunks. You want them to be bigger so they will not turn into mush.
- Add your roast to the Instant Pot and then place the vegetables around the roast.
- Add all your seasonings.
- Next add in the beef stock.
- Add the lead and make sure it is set to sealing. Set the timer for 50 minutes and do a slow release.
- Shred the beef.
- Now, time to make the gravy. In a small bowl whisk together the 1/4 cup of water and the cornstarch.
- Remove 2 cups of the liquid from the crock pot and place in a sauce pan.
- Whisk in the water and cornstarch mixture in with the beef juice.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently for 3-5 minutes until it begins to thicken. It will thicken as it cools as well.
- Drizzle the gravy over the roast, potatoes, and carrots and enjoy!
Recipe source: eatingonadime