- 8 large Poblano Peppers
- 12 large Portobello Mushrooms (20 oz.)
- 4-5 cups Pepper Jack Cheese (16 oz.)
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp. Mineral Salt
- Optional: Cilantro, Lime, Green Onions, Garlic, Mexican Spices, Chorizo, Ground Beef
- Slice the peppers lengthwise and horizontally at the top. Remove the seeds. Roast in a large dish at 450°F for 20-25 minutes. The peppers will start to darken, wilt, and blister.
- Chop the mushrooms into quarters. Sauté in a pan on medium/high heat for 10 minutes. The mushrooms will shrink and release their moisture.
- Mix the mushrooms, cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, salt, and optional spices in a bowl. Stuff this mixture into the baked peppers and pile any extra on top. Bake the stuffed peppers for another 15 minutes. The cheese will melt and turn golden brown.
- Garnish the chili rellenos with chopped green onions, cilantro, sour cream, chorizo, and more. Make it your own unique creation, then comment below to tell me what you make!
Recipe source: tastefulketo