- 1 lb Flat Iron steak , thinly sliced against the grain
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 3 Green onions , cut into 1-inch long diagonal slices
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1 tsp Ginger , grated
- 2 cloves Garlic , chopped
- Cut the Flat Iron Steak into very thin slices against the grain. Add the sliced beef to a small zip lock bag and add the coconut aminos, ginger and garlic. Let marinate for 1 hour in the fridge. When you are ready to cook, drain the meat from the marinade but reserve the liquid for later. Pour the coconut oil to a large wok or cast iron skillet and heat it until it’s almost smoking, the oil must be hot so you can get the nice crispy edges on the beef.
- Lightly add the beef to the very hot oil and keep stir frying over a high heat, taking care not to burn it for just 1-3 minutes. When the last batch of meat is in, add the green onions and cook for the last 30 seconds to 1 minute. If you want more ‘sauce’ to serve with the meat quickly cook the remaining marinade for just a minute or two in your wok after the last batch of beef has been cooked and serve with the beef. Plate up with steamed vegetables.
Recipe source: coffeebreak