- 2 of your 5-a-day – one type of berry (e.g. blueberries, raspberries)
- 3 of your 5-a-day- mixed berries
- ¾ cup plant-based milk
- ½ cup oats (gluten-free optional)
- 1 small banana
- 1 cup of pre-frozen berries
- 1-2 tbsp nut butter or tahini
- Mash the banana and add it to a cereal bowl. Then add the oats and plant-based milk.
- Heat the mixture for 1 minute.
- While the oats are cooking pour out 1 cup of frozen mixed berries into a small bowl (or I usually just use a mug).
- Take out the banana porridge and stir it. then heat for another 30 seconds. Stir it again and heat for a final 30 seconds. Make sure to watch it so that it doesn’t overflow! If you see that it is getting too high in the bowl then take it out and give it a stir.
- Once the oats have finished cooking then microwave your berries for 1 minute, followed by another 30 seconds if they need it.
- Pour the berries and juice over your oats then drizzle on the nut butter.
Recipe source: healthyandpsyched