IngredientsFISH TACO BLACKENING SPICES
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp ancho chile powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 white fish fillets , Tilapia works well
- 1 cup cooked rice , to serve
- 1/2 cup red cabbage , shredded
- 1 cup frozen corn , or fresh
- 1 cup black beans , drained
- 4 green onions , sliced
- 1 avocado , cut into small pieces
- 2 limes , quartered, to serve
- In a small bowl mix together all the fish taco spices and seasonings listed above.
- Rub the spice mix over both sides of the fish fillets.
- Heat acast iron skillet on high heat until hot and add the oil, give it a minute to heat the oil.
- Add the fish to the skillet and cook for 3-4 mins per side on a medium heat until it's cooked through, it will be blackened on the outside, but not burnt.
- To bake fish in the oven, add the spice rubbed fish to a sheet pan and bake in a hot oven at 375F for 10-20 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Add cooked rice to bowls and serve with the fish and vegetables and beans on top, if you like you can add sour cream and cheese too.
- Assemble your fish taco bowl with cooked rice, black beans, corn, shredded cabbage, green onions, chopped avocado, slice of lime, and top with sour cream if desired.
Recipe source: noshtastic