- 6 Chicken Breast Halves Bone In
- 3 Cups Buttermilk Well Shaken
- 3/4 Cup-Divided Vegetable Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves Crushed
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Rosemary Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley Chopped (Optional)
- In a bowl, mix together buttermilk, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary, and honey until salt is dissolved.
- Divide the chicken pieces into 2- 1-gallon ziplock bags. Pour half of the buttermilk mixture in each bag. Press out as much air as possible and seal bags. Place on a rimmed dish or plate in case bag leaks. Refrigerate overnight or preferably for 2 days. Flip bag halfway through marinating time.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Take the chicken out of the ziplock bags and place on a wire rack so any extra marinade will drip off. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and place the chicken in a single layer on the pan. Drizzle chicken with remaining oil. Roast chicken at 400 degrees for 45 minutes, then turn off the oven, and allow the chicken to continue to cook (just in the remaining heat-don't open the door) for 7-10 minutes more or until chicken is done.
- Allow chicken to rest for about 7-10 minutes then serve.
Recipe source: gonnawantseconds