- 4 1/2 lb Beef Chuck Shoulder Roast
- 4-5 tsp TAK Seasoning or your favorite beef seasoning (enough to cover roast)
- 4 tbsp All-Purpose Flour separated
- ¼ c Canola Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion quartered and thinly sliced
- 6 Carrots peeled and sliced on a ½” bias
- 2 Cloves of Garlic minced
- 1 c Dry and Bold Red Wine such as Malbec or Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2 c Unsalted Beef Broth
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Fresh Rosemary Sprigs
- 3 Fresh Thyme Sprigs
- Preheat oven to 325° Heat canola oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Pat roast dry with a paper towel and sprinkle generously with TAK seasoning evenly on each side and rub to adhere. Coat the roast with 2 tbsp of flour.
- Place roast in Dutch oven and sear 4-6 minutes on each side. Once the entire roast has developed a golden brown crust, remove it from the heat and set aside on a large plate.
- Add the onion and carrots to the Dutch oven and sauté briefly to evenly coat with oil. Reduce the heat to medium, cover and allow to cook 5 minutes, or just until barely softened. Add the garlic and sauté uncovered for an additional minute or so.
- Sprinkle over 2 tbsp of flour and stir until the flour takes on a yellow tinge and the vegetables are evenly coated. Slowly whisk in the red wine, followed by the beef broth, followed by the beef broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add roast back to the Dutch oven, along with rosemary and thyme. Cover, transfer to the oven and bake for 1 ½ hours. Turn roast, return to the oven and bake for an additional 1 ½ hours. Remove from the oven, allow to cool, serve and enjoy.
Recipe source: theanthonykitchen