- 5 pounds pork butt (bone removed and cut into large chunks)
- 1 Tablespoon Alaea Hawaiian Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (or substitute liquid smoke if preferred)
- 1 cup water
- 1 head green cabbage (sliced)
- Remove the bone from pork butt/shoulder and cut pork into large chunks.
- Mix the Alaea sea salt and smoked paprika together in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle salt mixture over the pork and rub in to thoroughly coat.
- Place pork into the Instant Pot liner and add water.
- Secure the lid, select Manual and adjust time to 90 minutes. *it will take 15 to 20 minutes for the pressure cooker to build pressure and start cooking*
- When Instant Pot beeps, push the cancel/keep warm button and allow pressure to release naturally.
- When the pressure is released move the pork to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Add the sliced cabbage to the juices in the Instant Pot, stir to coat.
- Select Manual and adjust time to 3 minutes.
- When the pot beeps, release the pressure manually.
- Add the cabbage to the pork and stir to combine.
- Serve with rice, Hawaiian potato salad, or on hamburger buns.
Recipe source: cookingwithcurls