INGREDIENTSgrind to a paste
- 2 Onions (medium sized)
- 1 Tomatoes (medium sized)
- 3/4 cup Coconut (grated)
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 8 Chilies (Kashmiri Red)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Peppercorns (whole)
- 1 Tamarind (marble sized Ball)
- 600 grams Seer Fish (Surmai or Kingfish or)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric (Powder)
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- Handful Curry Leaves
- A few Sprigs Coriander (for topping)
- Clean and wash the fish slices and rub turmeric all over them. Cover and keep aside.
- Grind all the ingredients under paste till smooth with a tablespoon or two of water.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan or kadhai and add mustard seeds. Once the seeds start spluttering, add the ground paste and cook while stirring once in awhile for 10 minutes.
- Slide the fish into the pan, and add salt and 3/4 cup water. Mix gently so as not to break the fish.
- Bring the curry to a boil, and lower the heat to a simmer. Add curry leaves and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Top with coriander leaves and serve this spicy kingfish curry with steamed rice.
Recipe source: myfoodstory