- 8 ounces mini penne pasta or regular penne pasta
- 4 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved (red or yellow is fine)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper, adjust to taste
- 2 cups cucumbers, chopped small
- 6 ounce can whole black olives, drained and halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced very thin and chopped small
- 10 large fresh basil leaves, sliced very thin, about 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped small
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil along with 1 tablespoon kosher salt. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, but do not rinse the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine the tomatoes, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium-size bowl. Stir and let sit while assembling the rest of the salad.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cucumbers, olives, red onion, and cooked pasta. Add the tomatoes and all of the juices from the bowl. Stir to coat everything in the dressing.
- Sprinkle with basil and parsley and toss again. Taste the salad and add more salt and pepper as needed. Serve or refrigerator until ready to eat. Enjoy!
Recipe source: barefeetinthekitchen