- 1 1/2 cups raw pecans
- 1 1/2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup golden flax seed meal
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 oz cacao butter
- 2 tsp chocolate extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (plus 1 tsp for soaking water)
- Place the nuts and 1 tsp salt in a bowl, then cover with water.
- Soak (8 hours minimum and up to 24 hours), then drain. Transfer the nuts to a towel-lined plate for 10 minutes to absorb more moisture.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and preheat the oven to 170F.
- Place the nuts in a food processor, then grind to the crumbly texture of your preference. Transfer the nuts to a large mixing bowl. Stir in the cinnamon, cacao powder, ½ tsp salt and flax seed meal.
- Melt the cacao butter in a small pot over medium heat. Stir in the maple syrup and chocolate extract once melted, and remove from heat.
- Blend the wet ingredients into the nut mixture, then spread on the parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Dehydrate at 170F for 8 hours.
- Remove from the oven, and carefully break the granola apart into clumps while still warm. Serve, or allow to cool and store in an air-tight container.
Recipe source: freshplanetflavor