- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan crumbles, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, or 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-15 ounce can black beans
- 1-8 ounce dry elbow macaroni
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese
- Set Instant Pot to 'Saute' setting. Heat oil and add onions, cook until soft. Stir in garlic and bell pepper and cook until fragrant. Add vegan crumbles and stir until brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add cumin, chili, paprika, smoked paprika, oregano and salt, stir until fragrant. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, black beans, elbow pasta, and vegetable broth.
- Select off settings, cover Instant pot, turn the valve to the sealing position then select Manual Settings and adjust pressure to high for 4 minutes.
- When finished cooking, quick release pressure according to manufacturers directions. I usually carefully place a damp kitchen cloth over the valve.
- After pressure is released, remove lid and stir in vegan shredded cheese and serve.
Recipe source: healthiersteps